If you would like to start shooting, or simply would like to ‘give it a go’, we run courses throughout the year.
We offer an 8-hour beginners course split over 4 sessions, each session lasting 2 hours. The course is focused on learning to shoot a recurve bow, and covers:
- Health & Safety in the field
- Bow assembly
- Recurve barebow shooting technique (no sight)
- Recurve freestyle shooting technique (shooting with a sight)
- Equipment, including finger slings and bracers
- Shooting and scoring rounds
- Field archery
All of our courses are run by qualified instructors
Once you have attended all 4 sessions and completed the course you will be eligible to join the club as a full member and become registered with Archery GB (GNAS).
Our beginners course costs £40, which is payable in advance.
To register for an upcoming course please complete this form indicating your preferred course dates