In May 2018, the original Data Protection Act 1998 was replaced by. This had an impact on clubs such as ours to notify members of how we collect and use their personal details. This page outlines how we do this.
Abbeydale Archers PRIVACY NOTICE and DATA PROTECTION POLICY
What this notice covers
Abbeydale Archers is committed to protecting your personal information. In this notice, references to ‘we’ or ‘us’ mean Abbeydale Archers. This notice explains how we collect and use personal data about you.
Who we are
Abbeydale Archers is an Archery GB registered archery club providing archery facilities for its members. We have an Archery GB approved outdoor range. We set out our rules in the club’s constitution and also follow the rules, guidelines and code of conduct of the UK governing body: Archery GB.
Information we gather
Abbeydale Archers gathers certain information about you. We collect information in the following ways:
Information you give us
When you become a member of Abbeydale Archers you will give us information via the new members form. You may also give us, or update, information via one of our email addresses, by post or by telling a committee member. Information may include your name, date of birth, postal address, email address, phone number, disability and physical stature (height, handedness, eye dominance).
When you enter competitions the following information may be collected and shared with tournament organisers, scoring systems and results may be published: First Name, Surname, Gender, Bow style, Date of Birth / Age category, Email, Address, Phone number, Club, County, Region, Round, Disabled (Y/N), Disability info.
Information we may gather ourselves
We may collect photographs (with permission on the new members form), your scores and other achievements.
Information about you from third parties
We work closely with Archery GB, YAA and NCAS, and may receive information about you from them.
How we may use your information
We use your information for the purposes of running the club, communicating with you about the club and your membership, and communicating with you about archery-related events and archery-related information.
We use some of your information to maintain your Archery GB registration and registration of YAA and NCAS.
We do not use your information for other 3rd party marketing in any way. Other than Archery GB, Northern Counties Archery Society (NCAS), Yorkshire Archery Association (YAA) and De La Salle Association (DLSA), we do not otherwise share your information with any other 3rd party or organisation.
We may use your information for a number of purposes including the following:
- Compliance with legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations and good practice
- To provide you with information about our club, shooting times, socials and more
- If going through a coaching programme, we may keep records of sessions and progress reports.
We will use the information you give us to:
- perform services you have requested or providing you with information you have asked for;
- administer the sport of Archery, for instance by assisting you with your entry into tournaments;
- ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you;
- any other reasonable purposes of Abbeydale Archers, acting always in accordance with the data protection law (as amended from time to time).
We do not use your information for marketing purposes.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may share your information with the following selected third parties:
- Archery GB for the purposes of maintaining your membership registration details
- YAA and NCAS for the purposes of maintaining your membership details
- DLSA for the purpose of confirming you are a member of DLSA
- Other venues we shoot in
- Our insurers, those of the venues we shoot in, and those of our governing bodies
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we are under a duty to disclose your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) on production of an appropriate warrant for such data;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Abbeydale Archers, Our Members, or others.
We keep records for as long as required to operate the club in accordance with legal requirements.
Your membership information may be retained for up to 3 years after you leave the club (or your last contact with the club if you don’t officially leave). Following this period we will delete your personal data from our database and securely dispose of your original application form.
We retain some data on a permanent basis for historical purposes. This includes minutes of committee meetings, minutes of AGMs or EGMs, tournament records, and scores.
Where we may store your information
The digital data that we collect from you or receive from you will be transferred to, and stored on online systems, with backups stored on encrypted memory sticks or encrypted areas of hard drives. These systems have proper security in place to protect your data from unauthorised access. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
We also keep membership details in paper format, which are kept and processed by one or more committee members.
Abbeydale Archers will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
You have the right to:
- Have any inaccuracies in your data corrected. If you would like to update the details we hold about you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Request that we delete your personal data. Note that we require your information for the normal running of the club, so we are only able to delete your data if you also choose to leave the club.
- You have a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about yourself. You may not request information about any other member (not even a family member, that request should come from that person directly to us). In some circumstances we may require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification. Please address requests to the club secretary and we will respond within one month of receipt of your written request and confirmed ID. Please provide as much information as possible about the nature of your contact with us to help us locate your records. This request is normally free of charge unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
Changes to this notice and the way we treat personal information
We may update the terms of this privacy notice at any time, so please do check it from time to time.
We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address you have provided to us or by placing a prominent notice on our Website. By continuing to use our Website you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
Enquires and Complaints
The club’s secretary is the first point of contact regarding any enquires arising from this Privacy Notice. Where possible, please raise all enquires in writing.
If you are unhappy with our work or something that we have done or failed to do in regard of protecting your personal data, please inform us in writing. Abbeydale Archers will acknowledge receipt of all complaints and will endeavour to investigate the complaint within 15 working days.
All information enquires or complaints should be sent in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ico) if you are concerned with how we are handling your personal information by using their online form which can be found here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/.
Changes to this Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make any significant changes in the way we treat your personal information we will contact you directly.